Key Stage 5 Study Programme
Here at Crewe UTC we offer you a personalised Study Programme which will help you prepare for your next step whether that be university, an apprenticeship, further training or employment.
We are an inclusive school and welcome applications from all students irrespective of secondary school location.
What will I study?
As we are a school specialising in Engineering, Manufacturing, and Design the majority of students follow a Level 3 Technical Baccalaureate qualification.
We offer a range of courses including a variety of Level 3 Engineering Technical qualifications as well a number of A level subjects.
Some of our courses have specific entry requirements and we are able to offer guidance and advice regarding your subject choices during your initial interview and also at enrolment.
Can I take GCSEs as well as Level 3 courses?
GCSEs can only be taken as re-sits if you need to improve your grade in English Language and Mathematics.
What else will I do?
In addition to your subjects, you will also take part in activities that develop your personal skills and build your confidence. We aim to develop the ‘whole person’ to ensure that you benefit from a well-rounded education and leave the UTC feeling well prepared for the next step after college.
- Work Experience placements with one of our employer partners.
- Regular Employer Engagement through our weekly employer talk programme, employer led workshops and site visits.
- Education for life sessions where you will cover topics designed to promote your personal well-being, including:
Drug and alcohol awareness
Equality and diversity
- Personal Achievement Tutor to help you achieve your full potential.
- Enrichment options such as sports, student leadership team, Duke of Edinburgh, charity fundraising, a dedicated mentor from one of our employer partners. etc
As a Sixth Form student, alongside your lessons you will have a number of independent study periods which will enable you to complete the recommended five hours of study per subject per week. This will help you to become more independent, an essential skill not only for university, but also for employment and your future in general.
Key Stage 5 Subject Options
For a breakdown on what subject options we have available and what they involve please click here
For curriculum enquiries, please contact us on 01270 218150 or firstname.lastname@example.org